Yesterday, I got out of bed, walked into the kitchen, and grabbed my breakfast.
Yes, as easy as that! How? Overnight oats. They are my favorite when I am on the go in the morning and/or know I do not want to make oatmeal over the stove.
I prep my oatmeal the night before. All the work I need to do for breakfast is head to the fridge and grab a spoon. Below is my process:
What I use:
- 16oz mason jar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (favorite brand is Quaker Oats, pictured above)
- 3/4 cup original almond milk (or 1 cup if I want more liquid)
- Dash of salt and cinnamon (plain ole salt and cinnamon, pictured above)
- 1 tsp of honey (grew up on Golden Blossom, pictured above)
- Handful of blueberries
What I do the night before:
- Fill mason jar with oats, almond milk, salt, cinnamon, and honey
- Cover with lid and shake that jar up until all ingredients have blended
- Place in fridge and let it chill overnight
What I do the morning after:
- Remove from fridge and top with blueberries
- Drizzle with honey, grab a spoon, and eat until all gone
Quick and simple. Also, if the recipe does not get you full, you can always double it. I’m telling you guys, this stuff is the best!!
Does anyone else have go-to quick breakfast meals they like to make? I’d love some ideas!